I've been wanting to start a series on my blog dedicated to useful tips and tricks utilizing everyday items and household products. I have so many fun finds to share with you, and I'm going to start with all the great things you can do with coffee filters. Who would've known that a coffee filter could double as so many awesome things!!
1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave.
Coffee filters make excellent covers.
2. Clean windows, mirrors, and chrome... Coffee filters are
lint-free so they'll leave windows sparkling.
3. Protect china by separating your good dishes with a
coffee filter between each dish.
4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork when
opening a wine bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.
5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in the
skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter and shine away.
7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a
sieve lined with a coffee filter.
8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a
coffee filter on a kitchen scale.
9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for
10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a
plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the
11. Prevent a popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two holes
as needed in a coffee filter.
12. Use strips of coffee filters to wax eyebrows...Clever.
13. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, french
fries, chicken fingers, etc on them. It soaks out all the grease.
14. Keep in the bathroom. They make great "razor nick
15. As a sewing backing. Use a filter as an easy-to-tear
backing for embroidering or appliqueing soft fabrics.
16. Put baking soda into a coffee filter and insert into
shoes or a closet to absorb or prevent odors.
17. Use them to strain soup stock and to tie fresh herbs in
to put in soups and stews.
18. Use a coffee filter to prevent spilling when you add
fluids to your car.
19. Use them as a spoon rest while cooking and clean up
small counter spills.
20. Use them to hold dry ingredients when baking or when
cutting a piece of fruit or veggies. Saves on having extra bowls to wash.
21. Use them to wrap Christmas ornaments for storage.
22. Use them to remove fingernail polish when out of cotton
23. Use them to sprout seeds. Simply dampen the coffee
filter, place seeds inside, fold it and place it into a plastic baggie until
24. Use coffee filters as blotting paper for pressed
flowers. Place the flowers between two coffee filters and put the coffee
filters in phone book.
25. Use as a disposable "snack bowl" for popcorn,
Save those extra coffee filters...You never know when you may need one for something other than your morning cup of joe!! :)