In addition to the Household Tips & Tricks I shared with you last week, here are a few more I found around the web that I think are worth a try.
- Don’t throw out all that leftover wine: Freeze into ice
cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces.
- Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away.
- If you have a problem opening jars: Try using latex dish
washing gloves. They give a non-slip grip that makes opening jars easy.
- Potatoes will take food stains off your fingers. Just slice
and rub raw potato on the stains and rinse with water.
- To get rid of itch from mosquito bites, try applying soap on
the area and you will experience instant relief.
- Ants, ants, ants everywhere …They are said to never
cross a chalk line. So get your chalk out and draw a line on the floor or
wherever ants tend to march.
- Store bed linen sets inside one of their own pillowcases and there will be no more hunting through piles for a match.
- Pump up the volume by placing your iPhone/iPod in a bowl...The concave shape amplifies the music.
- Make an instant cupcake carrier by cutting crosses into a box lid.
- Various uses for Alka Seltzer:
- Clean a toilet. Drop in two Alka-Seltzer tablets, wait twenty
minutes, brush and flush.
- The citric acid and effervescent action clean vitreous china.
- Clean a vase. To remove a stain from the bottom of a glass vase
or cruet, fill with water and drop in two Alka-Seltzer tablets.
- Polish jewelry. Drop two Alka-Seltzer tablets into a glass of
water and immerse the jewelry for two minutes.
- Clean a thermos bottle. Fill the bottle with water, drop in four
Alka-Seltzer tablets, and let soak for an hour (or longer, if necessary).
- Unclog a drain. Clear the sink drain by dropping three
Alka-Seltzer tablets down the drain followed by a cup of Heinz White Vinegar.
Wait a few minutes, then run the hot water.
I hope these tips come in handy for you.