- 2 cinnamon sticks or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves or 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 orange peel, quartered (fresh cranberries are also great to add as well)
- 1 whole nutmeg or 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups water
- Place water into a small saucepan.
- Add cinnamon sticks, cloves, vanilla bean, nutmeg and orange peels.
- Turn heat to medium until water starts to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer as long as desired. Check water level every 1/2 hour that you have simmering. Water needs to be added as needed. Do not let water evaporate.
- Use potpourri for 2 days (adding additional water as necessary) then discard and make a new batch.
Makes 2 cups potpourri