I came across these cauliflower tots from Skinny Taste, and boy were they delicious!! Not only are they healthy, but they are hubby-approved around my house! These are really easy to prep, and I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.
- 2 cups cooked cauliflower florets, finely chopped * See note
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 3 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar chess, grated
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
* To cook the cauliflower florets, steam a little over 2 cups raw cauliflower florets in a little water covered for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender, then drain well and dry on paper towel. Using knife, finely chop and set 2 cups aside.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a nonstick cookie sheet with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture in your hands and roll into small ovals. Place on the cookie sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, until golden.
Makes about 32-34 tots